- City Services
- Community Development
- Building & Zoning
- Permitting Services
Online Permit Services
For online permit inquiries and inspection options, visit Community Development Permit Services.
Permit Applications by Email
We will accept permit applications by email. Applications that will be processed by email are those that would typically be issued “over-the-counter” and that do not require zoning review or plan review. Examples of permits that will be processed by email are:
- Plumbing Re-pipe
- Electrical Rewire
- Electric Service Rehab/Rebuild
- Electric Service Upgrade
- Air Conditioner Replacement
- Window or Door Replacement
- Garage Door Replacement
- Storm Panels/Shutters
- Residential Tree Removal (ONLY after you have received approval from City Arborist)
- Electric, Mechanical, Plumbing, Roof and Gas permits in conjunction with new construction, additions or renovations where the building contractor has already had the plans reviewed and the Building Permit has been issued.
For more information please see “Permit Application by Email Policies and Procedures”
Any owner, authorized agent, or contractor who desires to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move demolish or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system, the installation of which is regulated by technical codes, or to cause any such work to be done, shall first make application to the Building Department of the City of Temple Terrace to obtain the required permit before commencement of the work.
Temple Terrace offers online permitting options where residents, contractors, and others can check permit application status, pay permit fees, check inspection results, and schedule or cancel an inspection.
Exceptions that do not require a permit for work:
- Any activities exempted by federal and state laws
- Any portable cooling appliance
- Any portable evaporative cooler
- Any portable heating appliance
- Any portable ventilation equipment
- Any self-contained refrigeration system
- Any steam, hot or chilled water piping within any heating or cooling equipment regulated by code
- Application of stucco or siding involving less than 501 square feet of coverage
- Installation of soffit and/or fascia coverings involving less than 101 linear feet
- Installation/construction or moving of any premanufactured accessory structure or building involving less than 151 square feet. Zoning issues may apply
- Non-structural slabs of less than 100 square feet
- Ordinary minor repairs and maintenance to a one- and two-family residence or farm building under the supervision of the owner. This structure must be the primary residence of the owner; rental property is deemed commercial in nature and shall require permitting
- Replacement of three (3) or fewer panels of fencing
- Replacement of equipment parts that do not alter equipment approval or make it unsafe
- Roofing, re-roofing or repairing an existing roof of less than 100 square feet
- Work of a non-structural nature not involving electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing that is deemed to be less than $1,000 total aggregate cost by the building official. The work cannot be part of an overall operation segmented to evade normal permitting requirement.
Contractor Resource Directory
- Contractors (Licensed & Approved)