The Engineering Division of Public Works is responsible for the administration of the city's Capital Improvement Program (CIP) including the design, permitting, construction, and inspection of street, storm drainage, sidewalk, water, and sanitary sewer projects.
The Engineering Division of Public Works also is responsible for the administration and approval of the city's Right-of-Way/Easement permits. Please contact the Office of The City Engineer to obtain an application packet at 813.506.6564 or you submit your request via email.
In addition, the division is responsible for:
- Reviewing site plans and final plats submitted for private development projects
- Designing minor CIP projects
- Performing inspection of private infrastructure
- Administering the annual resurfacing and sidewalk programs
- Responding to inquiries regarding street lighting, traffic, drainage, and flooding
- Coordinating the City's National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)MS4 permit compliance.
- Overseeing the City's participation in the National Flood Insurance Program, and Community Rating System (CRS)